Friday, September 13, 2013

Schedule your workouts!

Do you find it hard to "find" time to workout? I know I do. There are so many things that need to get done first, four kids to take care of, so much housework and business work, and, and, and.... There is always something and there will always be something in the way of squeezing in a workout if you allow there to be. I definitely am not one of those people that wakes up and looks forward to working out. Don't get me wrong, when I do it I feel great and love it! It's the getting started part that I have a hard time with. Sounds funny coming from a personal trainer right??? I am just being real and honest, I make all the excuses in the world! So how do you overcome this?

Most people use some sort of calendar to keep track of their appointments in their lives. Most people also have it on their phone too, so it is always with them. I live by my calendar with all of the activities and appointments for a family of six people, it is busy. So use your calendar to schedule your workout time. Why should any other appointment be more important than the one to take care of your body? Schedule in a realistic time to workout, set the reminder on it and then stick to it. If your alarm reminder goes off for a meeting with your boss you wouldn't miss that... well your workout appointment is even more important. Look at it that way, put it on your calendar and stick to it. You will be so glad you did and it will help you "find" the time you were looking for to workout!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment